Friday, October 19, 2007

Boyne To Boyne Marathon




Here are some pics of the marathon. It took place from Boyne Mountain Ski Resort to Boyne Highlands Ski Resort, or vice versa, I can't recall! Anyway, it was very intense as most of the marathon was through VERY hilly country. The first pic is my brother at a water station with my Mom off to the right. (She fast walked a few steps with him!) The next couple pics are the back of the resort where the runners approach the finish line. My brother is just making his entrance onto the grass. The last pic is my brother crossing the finish line!! I am not sure what his time was, I believe 4 hrs 30 min but he finished! The had an electronic clock and someone announcing the runners names as the crossed.

It was interesting as we drove to different mile markers to wait for him and give support. He had his times written on paper from his 5 months of training about where he would be at what time. The also put tiny microchips on your shoe laces to keep track of everyone.





No comments: