Friday, October 19, 2007

MN and UP of MI



On September 25th, Mom and I drove to Petosky MI to visit my brother and his family and my sister from Detroit. We went to support my brother while he ran the Boyne to Boyne Marathon. On the way, we spent a day and a half in Grand Rapids, MN visiting my former college professors, Dr Bruce Lee and Dr. Cathy Finley. We had a great time. The foliage across MN and Upper MI was awesome. I had forgotten how colorful the leaves are back in the Midwest. Bruce and Cathy live on a lake. One afternoon Bruce took me out cruising in his motor boat and to show me his fishing spots and to view the foliage (middle pic). The first picture is Mom at Michigan's first rest stop which is in the Upper Peninsula. By the way, all the rest stops in the UP have chemical toilets...no plumbing. Felt like I was back in the mountains again.
Oh, it took FOREVER to drive across the UP to get to the Mackinaw Bridge to cross down into Northern Lower MI. It is two lanes with virtually no traffice and the speed limit is 55 mph. that is sooooooo 1980s!
The last pic is of Mom and me with Bruce and Cathy when they took us out to dinner. We had such a great time!







No comments: